Red velvet cake is one of my favorite cakes. People love this cake because it looks cool and tastes amazing. It will be great if you are able to make a delicious red velvet cake from your own house. And look at this, you lucky duck, I’m sharing with you the best red velvet cake recipe that I know of.
Ingredients and Whatnot
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup of the vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz. red food colorants
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- half cup of plain hot coffee
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree
- In medium bowl, you need to whisk all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Separate the combination with the rest
- In large bowl, try to combine all sugar and the vegetable oil.
- Combine eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk, and the red food colorants. It is important to mix them together. You can mix them together by using whisk. Make sure that the red colors are dispersed completely.
- Combine the hot coffee with the white distilled vinegar.
- Combine all wet ingredients with the dry ingredients at this step. Try to mix them slowly in order to make sure that they are completely mixed together.
- Pour some batters evenly to the pan. It is important to make sure that the batter is spread evenly on the pan
- Bake the batter in the middle rack of your oven for around 40 minutes. You should not bake the cake more than 40 minutes because it will make overcooked cake.
- Let the cake cool on the cooling rack until the pan can be touched easily. This process is very important to let the cake settle down and create a good texture.
- Use a knife to remove the cake from the pan. You have to do this step very carefully to make sure that you do not damage the texture of the cake. Try to use a kitchen knife or spatula to remove the whole cake from the pan.
- Remove the red velvet cakes from the pan carefully.
- Let the cakes cool for a little while before decorating the cake with some decorations.
- Decor the cake with some cream cheese or icing decorations when the cakes are cool enough. It is important to decor the cake once it is cooled completely. Some cake decorations are able to melt when they are used on the hot cake.
- Enjoy your delicious red velvet cake