The very inspiration for bakers to create a peanut butter cupcake recipe is the Reese’s candies like the famous Reeses Peanut Butter Cups! These moist and slightly salty and slightly sweet cupcakes make a great snack for both adults and children. Everyone loves peanut butter! No one can say no to this recipe. Moreover, you can even edit this recipe and create a peanut butter and jelly cupcake! It is really easy. Here are the ingredients and directions on how to make one.
Ingredients and Whatnot
- 2 cups of sugar (brown sugar would be best for this recipe)
- ½ cup of shortening
- 1 cup of peanut butter (as much as possible us peanut butter that is not too sweet)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and a half cup of milk (you can use fresh milk or evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 and a half cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take your cupcake pans and place your paper liners. This recipe is good for 24 3 ounce cupcakes.
- Get a large bowl and an electric mixer and mix the sugar, the shortening and the eanut butter until it becomes light and fluffy. Take one egg and beat it in the mixture and then follow up with the other egg. Take a wire whisk and slowly mix in the vanilla extract.
- Take a dry wire whisk and mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar. Make sure to sift the dry ingredients first most especially the baking soda. Stir this in the first mixture that you made alternately with your milk.
- Place the batter in the cupcake pan by using a spoon. Fill each paper liner ¾ full.
- Bake this for 15 - 18 minutes. Let it cool first before decorating.
Tips Better Results!
Do the toothpick test to check if the cupcake is ready for cooling. Simply poke a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake, if you are able to pull out the toothpick without batter sticking into it then the cupcake is fully cooked. If not, you need to put it back and bake it for a few more minutes.
You can make different kinds of frosting for your peanut butter cupcake recipe. You simply need 1 cup of your most creamy peanut butter, ½ cup of butter in room temperature, 4 cups of powdered sugar and ½ cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to make the butter fluffy, add the peanut butter and mix again, add the confectioners’ sugar little by little then finally the heavy cream. Use a piping bag and piping tip to place it on the cupcake.
What many people like to do is to add a jelly filling. The inspiration for this comes from the very popular peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Take your favorite flavoured jelly and use a spoon to place it in the cupcake pans. One spoon of batter in the pan first and then the jelly and then batter again. This makes a great snack for children and since the taste is already great, you won’t need to add frosting and sprinkles anymore. You can already eat it as is.