Ever had a chance to prepare a coffee crumb cake? If not then I shall step by step direct you on how to prepare this delicious cake. But first, coffee cake is a soft easy to make cake that can be prepared and eaten during coffee breaks or can be given to guests around coffee table. Coffee cakes may be flavored with cinnamon, nuts and fruits increasing its nutritional value. For a coffee crumb cake, the prepared cake has a crumb topping which helps in increasing its delicacy. You will realize that the crump top is the best and delicious part that is made of cinnamon, flour, sugar and butter.
Coffee crumb cake recipe is easy to follow making you to produce a buttery, soft and moist crumbed cake that pairs well with morning or afternoon cup of coffee. But as you eat this cake, you will realize that coffee is optional because of the moist and softness associated with it.
Here is a step by step coffee crumb cake recipe that will guide you in preparing a delicious crumb coffee cake using a square or a round layer cake pan.
Ingredients and Whatnot
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of sifted flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- Melted Butter for greasing the cake pan
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups of sifted flour
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ¼ cups of sour cream
- Melted butter, need to be unsalted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 375.
- Grease the cake pan with melted butter generously.
- At the bottom of the cake pan, sprinkle a teaspoon of flour and tap the pan to remove excess flour.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter to small sizes and mix it to the ingredients.
- You can use a food processor to combine the ingredients with butter or you can use a fork to toss until crumbs form.
- The formed crumbs should be moist. Set this aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Set the mixture aside.
- In another large bowl, beat in the provided eggs add 1 cup of sugar and a cup of melted butter.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- In this mixture, add in the set aside flour mixture followed by the provided sour cream.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients well until the butter is smooth, fluffy and resembles frosting.
- For thorough mixing, you can use a mixer since butter is very thick.
- To the prepared pan, put the cake layer at the bottom and spread butter evenly on top of it. Sprinkle the crump topping evenly on the butter.
- Bake the cake in an oven at a temperature of 375oc until the cake turns golden brown. T
- his takes approximate 40 to 50 minutes.
- To test if the cake is ready apart from turning golden brown, touch the center of the cake and confirm that it is slightly firm and not soft and soggy.
- Partially, cool the cake by transferring it to a wire rack. Once the coffee crumb cake is ready and still warm, cut it into squares.
Enjoy your well prepared coffee crumb cake with friends and family.