Chocolate chips – a true pastry maker never runs out of this essential ingredient. Since basically forever, it’s probably the most popular ingredient to cupcakes, cakes and frostings alike. Thus, nobody is really surprised that there are people who make chocolate chip cupcakes. This particular recipe you are about to try is made out of really simple and inexpensive ingredients. You can even make a living out of this. Here are the ingredients and recipes.
Ingredients and Whatnot
- One half cup of very soft butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your pans with the paper liners and make sure they are the right size. 2 ounce or 3 ounce liners would be okay. Make sure you grease the cupcake pans a little bit so you can easily take off the cupcake once they are cooked and cooled.
- Mix the butter, sugar, vanilla and the egg with an electric mixer. Make sure the mixture turns out creamy but also make sure that you don't over whip or over mix. If you over whip it, the cupcake might rise too much or it might sin once cooled and it will look like it has a hole in the center.
- Sift the flour in the mixture followed by the baking soda and salt.
- Use a wire whisk to mix those ingredients all together. Make sure to mix this very well so that the baking soda and salt is distributed evenly throughout the whole mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the pans. Fill up each pan up to ¾ full. If you whisked the batter properly, it should rise perfectly.
- Bake the cupcakes for 12 - 15 minutes and then remove from the oven and let it cool while you prepare the frosting.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the heavy cream, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Set the mixture aside.
- Take half the cup of chocolate chips and melt it and include it in mixture you just set aside. Use the wire whisk to mix the chopped walnuts as well.
The frosting is already very flavorful. However, you can add sprinkles to top it. You can use chocolate chips as well so people will know that it’s a chocolate chip cupcake. For kids to love it more, you can add colourful sprinkles. To make it even more interesting, there are small chocolate chip cookies you can buy. These cookies are as small as a penny and you can use those as toppers. Do not use cake flour for this recipe. It will come out too hard. The best flour to use for this recipe is all purpose flour. If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use Ambiante icing mix instead. That is the best substitute!