Ever had a chance to prepare a coffee crumb cake? If not then I shall step by step direct you on how to prepare this delicious cake. But first, coffee cake is a soft easy to make cake that can be prepared and eaten during coffee breaks or can be given to guests around coffee table. Coffee cakes may be flavored with cinnamon, nuts and fruits increasing its nutritional value. For a coffee crumb cake, the prepared cake has a crumb topping which helps in increasing its delicacy. You will realize that the crump top is the best and delicious part that is made of cinnamon, flour, sugar and butter.
Coffee crumb cake recipe is easy to follow making you to produce a buttery, soft and moist crumbed cake that pairs well with morning or afternoon cup of coffee. But as you eat this cake, you will realize that coffee is optional because of the moist and softness associated with it.
Here is a step by step coffee crumb cake recipe that will guide you in preparing a delicious crumb coffee cake using a square or a round layer cake pan.
Ingredients and Whatnot
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of sifted flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- Melted Butter for greasing the cake pan
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups of sifted flour
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ¼ cups of sour cream
- Melted butter, need to be unsalted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 375.
- Grease the cake pan with melted butter generously.
- At the bottom of the cake pan, sprinkle a teaspoon of flour and tap the pan to remove excess flour.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter to small sizes and mix it to the ingredients.
- You can use a food processor to combine the ingredients with butter or you can use a fork to toss until crumbs form.
- The formed crumbs should be moist. Set this aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Set the mixture aside.
- In another large bowl, beat in the provided eggs add 1 cup of sugar and a cup of melted butter.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- In this mixture, add in the set aside flour mixture followed by the provided sour cream.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients well until the butter is smooth, fluffy and resembles frosting.
- For thorough mixing, you can use a mixer since butter is very thick.
- To the prepared pan, put the cake layer at the bottom and spread butter evenly on top of it. Sprinkle the crump topping evenly on the butter.
- Bake the cake in an oven at a temperature of 375oc until the cake turns golden brown. T
- his takes approximate 40 to 50 minutes.
- To test if the cake is ready apart from turning golden brown, touch the center of the cake and confirm that it is slightly firm and not soft and soggy.
- Partially, cool the cake by transferring it to a wire rack. Once the coffee crumb cake is ready and still warm, cut it into squares.
Enjoy your well prepared coffee crumb cake with friends and family.
I know if you’re like me, you have several food allergies that make finding things to eat, especially good tasting things, difficult. That’s why when I re-created this cake recipe, I knew I found a treasure! It not only tastes wonderful, you don’t have to feel guilty eating it! As one friend of mine says, “You can’t count that as a dessert!” To prove the point, I ate a whole cake by myself in three days!
Gluten and Allergen-Free Chocolate Cake (does have eggs)
Ingredients and Whatnot
- Black Beans
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Sugar (or Agave Nectar)
- Food Processor Beaters
- Medium Bowl
- Small Bowl
- 1 cup measuring cup
- Tablespoon measure
- teaspoon measure
- Mixing spoon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and dust (with cocoa) a 9" cake pan
- Place in food processor:-1 c. (1-15oz. can) of drained black beans-3 eggs-1 tablespoon vanilla- teaspoon saltBlend on high until completely smooth.
- In small bowl, mix together:-6 tablespoons cocoa- teaspoon baking soda-1 teaspoon baking powder
- In (yet another) bowl beat together until light and fluffy-6 tablespoons coconut oil- c. sugarAdd 2 eggs, beating 1 minute after each addition.
- Pour bean mixture into egg mixture and mix well, then add cocoa mixture to that. Mix well, and beat batter on high for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth the top. Grip pan firmly by the edges and rap it on the counter a few times to pop any air bubbles.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.Cake is done when the top is rounded and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes, then turn out cake from pan, and flip over again on to a cooling rack.
6 tablespoons of coconut oil Whip until frothy, then gradually add (in this order)-5 to 6 tablespoons of cocoa powder-pinch of salt-1 teaspoon vanilla- to 1 c. powdered sugar.
If you get the icing too thick, just add a tablespoon or two of whatever milk you use. (Don’t use water!) When you reach your preferred consistency, spread the icing evenly on the cooled cake. Then cut a huge slice, and enjoy!
Red velvet cake is one of my favorite cakes. People love this cake because it looks cool and tastes amazing. It will be great if you are able to make a delicious red velvet cake from your own house. And look at this, you lucky duck, I’m sharing with you the best red velvet cake recipe that I know of.
The Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe
Ingredients and Whatnot
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup of the vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz. red food colorants
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- half cup of plain hot coffee
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree
- In medium bowl, you need to whisk all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Separate the combination with the rest
- In large bowl, try to combine all sugar and the vegetable oil.
- Combine eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk, and the red food colorants. It is important to mix them together. You can mix them together by using whisk. Make sure that the red colors are dispersed completely.
- Combine the hot coffee with the white distilled vinegar.
- Combine all wet ingredients with the dry ingredients at this step. Try to mix them slowly in order to make sure that they are completely mixed together.
- Pour some batters evenly to the pan. It is important to make sure that the batter is spread evenly on the pan
- Bake the batter in the middle rack of your oven for around 40 minutes. You should not bake the cake more than 40 minutes because it will make overcooked cake.
- Let the cake cool on the cooling rack until the pan can be touched easily. This process is very important to let the cake settle down and create a good texture.
- Use a knife to remove the cake from the pan. You have to do this step very carefully to make sure that you do not damage the texture of the cake. Try to use a kitchen knife or spatula to remove the whole cake from the pan.
- Remove the red velvet cakes from the pan carefully.
- Let the cakes cool for a little while before decorating the cake with some decorations.
- Decor the cake with some cream cheese or icing decorations when the cakes are cool enough. It is important to decor the cake once it is cooled completely. Some cake decorations are able to melt when they are used on the hot cake.
- Enjoy your delicious red velvet cake
Do you want to surprise your kids when a new taste that they will surely love? Perhaps you wanted to make something special for your office mates? Or do you simply want to treat yourself with something different? How about serving this easy-to-make, delicious chocolate chip cookie cake recipe?
This delicious goodie will only take 30-45 minutes to bake. Simply follow the instructions below and get your tongue ready to indulge in this new taste.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
Ingredients and Whatnot
- A cup of brown sugar (you can purchase it online or at the nearby grocery store)
- Two chicken eggs (large)
- Unsalted butter sticks (2)
- Half cup of granulated sugar
- Two cups of all-purpose flour
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- One and half cup of chopped almonds
- ¾ cups of white chocolate
- Chocolate chips (you may use Hershey or Nestle chocolate chips)
- Two teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- Confectionery sugar/sweetened whipped cream/sweetened cocoa for a garnish/topping
- Your Oven
- Cake Pan (greased, about 10-inch size)
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Wire Rack
- Preheat your over and turn to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the salt, all-purpose flour and baking soda all together inside a bowl. Set that mixture aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, softened the butter then combined with it the brown sugar and vanilla extract on a medium speed. Mix it for about two minutes. Then, increase the mixer's speed into its maximum capability, making sure that all of those three ingredients are blended well.
- Stop the mixer.
- Now, scrape down those sticking mixtures and then add the eggs afterwards.
- Remix using the minimum speed of the mixer. See to it that everything are blended well.
- Add the white chocolate, granulated sugar and almonds.
- Combined all of those ingredients in the mixer using a low speed level until only a few dry streaks remain.
- Now, remove the mixture and pour it into the greased pan.
- Press down that mixture softly and try to make the upper surface even.
- Bake it inside the oven until it turns golden and its edges become puffy. This takes about 25 minutes.
- Once the cake turned puffy and looks golden, you may now transfer it to a wire rack
- Let the cake cool off on the rack for 10 minutes
- Slice and serve
- You may use sweetened whipped cream, confectionery sugar or sweetened cocoa as garnish for your cake.
This recipe is also perfect for special occasions. This is suitable not just for your little ones but your guests would surely love this too! If you want, you may serve it with fruit jam on the side as a healthy alternative to whipped cream or confectionery sugar.
Pieces of chocolate chip cookie cake is perfect as snacks, best for picnics and even for parties! With this quick recipe, you can easily bake something that is universally loved, a chocolate chip cookie, but in cake form. Moreover, the ingredients are found in most kitchens as they are quite common, which makes it convenient for you to make this cake whenever you want.